January 25, 2022
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Electrical Systems Working Group (ESWG) Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) Panel Meeting is scheduled for January 25, 2022. The meeting is being held virtually, via MS Teams.
The IAPG emphasizes program coordination and dissemination of technical information to increase the effectiveness of Government programs, avoid duplication, identify technology gaps, and maximize success in research efforts. The ESWG AIML Panel objective is to foster interagency information sharing related to the science of AI/ML as applied to power and energy system management, control, and design. This includes the exchange of any presently or newly established application requirements, capability gaps, and emerging AI/ML technologies, techniques in automated reasoning for intelligent energy systems as well as the integration of AI/ML into Power/Energy Systems.
Meeting Attendees – Please Review Carefully
Attendance at the ESWG AI/ML Panel virtual meeting is limited to U.S. citizens only.
- Government employees; includes Intergovernmental Personnel Act employees.
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. View the master list of FFRDCs.
Pre-registration is required. All presenters, as well as meeting attendees, are required to register. The deadline for registration is January 20, 2022.
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the AI/ML Panel has planned the following overall agenda:
|0940-0950||Meeting login, sound/video tests|
|1115-1315||Panel Breakout Sessions|
Presentations will focus on the following topics:
- Current and prospective applications of AI/ML techniques to power and energy.
- Lessons learned from development and transition (i.e., successes and obstacles)
- Supporting resources and enablers: training data, computing environment, and methods
- Opportunities for interagency collaboration on AI/ML-based research topics.
An electronic copy of your presentation in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format should be sent to Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at email@example.com, no later than January 18, 2022.
Additional Contact Information
If you know of a presentation that might be of interest to the community, please contact one of the following ESWG AI/ML Leaders: