June 9, 2022
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Mechanical Working Group (MWG) has scheduled a technical interchange meeting focused on “Superconducting Material Research for Power Applications”. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 9, 2022, and will be held virtually through MS Teams.
The IAPG emphasizes program coordination and dissemination of technical information to increase the effectiveness of Government programs, avoid duplication, identify technology gaps, and maximize success in research efforts. The MWG meeting on Superconducting Technologies will provide a forum for a cross-cutting review of current government research activities in this technology space within the IAPG Member Agencies (Army, Navy, Air Force, DOE, NASA, and DOT).
Presentations will focus on addressing the material, modeling, and improvement challenges in superconducting power applications with topics covering:
- Defect-Tolerant Conductors or Wires
- High-Temperature Superconductors
- Superconducting Switches/Inverters
- High-Frequency AC Losses
- Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage Material Issues
Meeting Attendees – Please Review Carefully
Participation is limited to U.S. persons – citizens or lawful permanent residents (LPRs), also known as permanent resident aliens (PRAs) or green cardholders.
- Government employees; including Intergovernmental Personnel Act employees.
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. View the master list of FFRDCs.
- On-site contractors at a government-operated laboratory working under NDA. The employer is precluded from competing for open R&D solicitation (captive).
- Government Contractors – those currently holding grants or contracts with a U.S. government agency. This would include both on-site and off-site performers.
- Academic Institutions – this would include those who have an existing Education Partnership Agreement (EPA), Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), or performing R&D of interest to the Government [subject to validation by Panel Leadership].
Pre-registration is required. All presenters, as well as attendees, are required to register. The deadline for registration is June 3, 2022.
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the MWG has planned the following overall agenda:
|0930-0940||Meeting login, sound/video test|
|0945-1000||Superconducting Material Overview Presentation|
|1600-1615||Wrap-up, Open Forum, Closing Remarks|
If you are presenting at the meeting, an electronic copy of your presentation in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format should be sent to Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at email@example.com, no later than June 3, 2022.
Additional Contact Information
If you know of a presentation that would be of interest to the community, please contact one of the following leaders:
For questions regarding meeting logistics, please contact Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at (216) 433-8089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.