November 9, 2023
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Renewable Energy Conversion Working Group (RECWG) Space Power Panel Virtual Meeting is scheduled for November 9, 2023, 1130 – 1430 (EST). The virtual meeting is being conducted via MS Teams.
The theme of the meeting is “power beaming and system considerations for the space environment.”
The IAPG emphasizes program coordination and dissemination of technical information to increase the effectiveness of Government programs, avoid duplication, identify technology gaps, and maximize success in research efforts. The RECWG meeting will provide a forum for a cross-cutting review of current government research activities across the interest of RECWG members within the IAPG Member Agencies (Army, Navy, Air Force, Department of Energy, NASA, and the Department of Transportation).
Meeting Attendees – Please Review Carefully
Attendance at the RECWG Space Power Panel virtual meeting is limited to U.S. persons – citizens or lawful permanent residents (LPRs), also known as permanent resident aliens (PRAs) or green card holders.
- Government employees; includes Intergovernmental Personnel Act employees.
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. View the master list of FFRDCs.
- Captive Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) Government Contractors.
- Academic Institutions – this would include those who have an existing Education Partnership Agreement (EPA), Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), or performing R&D of interest to the Government [subject to validation by Panel Leadership].
Registration is now closed. Please contact Renee O’Brokta for questions.
Pre-registration is required.
Deadline for registration: November 2, 2023.
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the Space Power Panel has planned the following overall agenda:
|1130 – 1145||Meeting login, audio/video tests|
|1145 – 1200||IAPG Welcome/Introductions|
|1200 – 1400||Scheduled Presentations|
|1400 – 1430||Panel Discussion / Open Forum / Closing Remarks|
Presentations will focus on the following topics:
- Space-based Solar Power
- Power beaming into lunar craters
- Transmitter and receiver development
- System level design considerations
If you would like to present at the RECWG Space Power Panel Meeting, please contact one of the leaders below with your presentation title/topic.