November 17, 2022
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Electrical Systems Working Group (ESWG) Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) Panel Virtual Meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2022. The meeting is being held virtually, via MS Teams.
Registration for this meeting has closed. Please contact Renee O’Brokta for further information.
The IAPG emphasizes program coordination and dissemination of technical information to increase the effectiveness of Government programs, avoid duplication, identify technology gaps, and maximize success in research efforts. The ESWG AI/ML Panel objective is to foster interagency information sharing related to the science of AI/ML as applied to power and energy system management, control, and design. This includes the exchange of any presently or newly established application requirements, capability gaps, and emerging AI/ML technologies, techniques in automated reasoning for intelligent energy systems as well as the integration of AI/ML into Power/Energy Systems.
Meeting Attendees – Please Review Carefully
Attendance at the ESWG AI/ML Panel virtual meeting is limited to U.S. citizens only.
- U.S. government employees includes Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignees.
- On-site contractors at a government-operated laboratory working under NDA. Employer is precluded from competing for open R&D solicitation (captive).
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. View the master list of FFRDCs.
- Government Contractors – those currently holding grants or contracts with a U.S. government agency. This would include both on-site and off-site performers.
- Academic Institutions – this would include those who have an existing Education Partnership Agreement (EPA), Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), or performing R&D of interest to the Government [subject to validation by a current ESWG member].
Pre-registration is required. All presenters, as well as meeting attendees, are required to register. The deadline for registration is November 10, 2022.
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the AI/ML Panel leaders have planned the following overall agenda:
|1040–1050||Meeting login, sound/video tests|
Presentations will focus on the following topics:
- Current and prospective applications of AI/ML techniques to power and energy
- Lessons learned from development and transition (i.e., successes and obstacles)
- Supporting resources and enablers: training data, computing environment, and methods
- Opportunities for interagency collaboration on AI/ML-based research topics
An electronic copy of your presentation in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format should be sent to Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at email@example.com, no later than November 10, 2022.
Additional Contact Information
If you know of a presentation that might be of interest to the community, please contact one of the following ESWG AI/ML Leaders: