February 11 & 18, 2022
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Chemical Working Group (CWG) Safety Panel Meeting is scheduled for February 11 and 18, 2022. Due to a continued rise in COVID case numbers across the country, this year’s meeting is again being held virtually.
The Safety Panel Meeting is a forum for networking and candidly sharing new technical advances in electrochemical energy storage and conversion. Technology focus areas include primary, secondary, and reserve batteries; primary and regenerative fuel cells; electrochemical capacitors; hybrid systems; advanced concepts; and power management systems.
Meeting Attendees/Guests – Please Review Carefully
Participation in the Safety Panel Meeting is limited to:
- U.S. citizens ONLY.
- Government employees; includes Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignees.
- On-site contractors from a Government operated laboratory working under a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Employer must be precluded from competing for open R&D solicitation (captive).
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. View the master list of FFRDCs.
If you would like to present at the Safety Panel Meeting, please contact Julie Simmons with your presentation title. Please note presentations should follow Distribution C (distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors) guidelines to accommodate the attendee base of the meeting. It is the responsibility of each presenter to obtain necessary approvals prior to the delivery of presentations.
Presentation Due Dates
Please send final presentations in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format to Renee O’Brokta. Presentations for each meeting will be compiled and sent to registered participants in advance of the meeting. The deadlines for presentations are as follow:
- February 11, 2022 Meeting – Deadline for Presentations: February 7, 2022
- February 18, 2022 Meeting – Deadline for Presentations: February 14, 2022
Overall Agenda – Full Agenda Forthcoming
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the Safety Panel leaders have planned the following overall agenda for both sessions:
|1000 – 1020||Meeting login, sound/video tests|
|1020 – 1030||Welcome/Introductions|
|1030 – 1330||Scheduled Presentations|
|1330 – 1400||Open Forum/Questions/Collaborations|
Additional Contact Information
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact one of the following Safety Panel leaders:
For questions regarding meeting logistics, please contact Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at