Feb 19 & 26
Registration for this meeting has closed. Please contact Renee O’Brokta
The Interagency Advanced Power Group (IAPG) Chemical Working Group (CWG) Safety Panel Meeting is scheduled for February 19 and 26, 2021. This year’s meeting is being held virtually due to ongoing COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The Safety Panel Meeting is a forum for networking and candidly sharing new technical advances in electrochemical energy storage and conversion. Technology focus areas include primary, secondary, and reserve batteries; primary and regenerative fuel cells; electrochemical capacitors; hybrid systems; advanced concepts; and power management systems.
Meeting Attendees/Guests – Please Review Carefully
Participation in the Safety Panel Meeting is limited to:
- U.S. citizens ONLY.
- Government employees, includes Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignees.
- On-site contractors from a Government operated laboratory working under a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Employer must be precluded from competing for open R&D solicitation (captive).
- Employees of Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs). This only includes employees of the FFRDC, not the administering entity. Master list of FFRDCs is maintained on the National Science Foundation website.
- Government Contractors – those currently holding grants or contracts with a U.S. government agency. This would include academic institutions, as well as on-site and off-site performers.
Online registration for the Safety Panel Meeting is available on the IAPG Registration page. All presenters as well as meeting attendees are required to register. The deadlines for registration are as follow:
- February 19, 2021 – Deadline for Registration: February 17, 2021
- February 26, 2021 – Deadline for Registration: February 24, 2021
If you would like to present at the Safety Panel Meeting, please contact Julie Simmons with your presentation title. Please note presentations should follow Distribution C (distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors) guidelines to accommodate attendee base. It is the responsibility of each presenter to obtain necessary approvals prior to delivery of presentations.
Presentation Due Dates
Please send final presentations in MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format to Renee O’Brokta. Presentations for each meeting will be compiled and sent to registered participants in advance of the meeting. The deadlines for presentations are as follow:
- February 19, 2021 – Deadline for Presentations: February 15, 2021
- February 26, 2021 – Deadline for Presentations: February 22, 2021
Overall Agenda – Full Agenda Forthcoming
While the agenda is preliminary and subject to change, the Safety Panel leaders have planned the following overall agenda for both sessions:
|1000-1020||Meeting login, sound/video tests|
Additional Contact Information
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact one of the following Safety Panel leaders:
|Julie Simmons, Chair||Giuseppe Di Benedetto, Vice Chair|
|(301) 227-1853||(973) 724-1977|
For questions regarding meeting logistics, please contact Renee O’Brokta, IAPG Support Specialist, at (216) 433-8089.